Open Positions

Junior Graphic Designer

Creative Engagement Solutions, LLC (CES) is seeking a graphic designer to occupy our Junior Graphic Designer role and to join our growing communications team. CES provides strategic project management and consulting services to government and private sector entities.

The Junior Graphic Designer will report to the Creative Lead and work within the Brand, Marketing, and Operations departments primarily. This is a full-time position.

Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the Junior Graphic Designer will be teleworking until it is deemed safe to return to an office setting in the DC Metro area.

The Junior Graphic Designer will assist the Creative Lead with ideation, creation, and dissemination of creative assets, including:

  • Digital and print ads / Web & email graphics
  • Print and digital publication creation
  • Signage & large-scale graphics

This person must:

  • Be able to work well on their own as well as collaboratively with multiple teams.
  • Be self-motivated, a self-starter who takes initiative, and regularly meets deadlines.
  • Be highly organized.
  • Be able to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to prioritize their work.
  • Be able to interact and take direction from stakeholders at all levels of the company.
  • Be able to effectively explain their design decisions.
  • Be able to follow strict client brand standard guidelines and templates.
  • Be creative and look for new angles and approaches to common design problems.
  • Be a constant learner of new techniques, tools, and design trends.
  • Be willing to aid in marketing and communications work (non-graphic design) – 75% of this position’s duties will be creative, the other 25% will all facets of marketing and communications.
  • Be able to track and report on works in progress, accomplishments, and completed projects.

Requirements:

  • Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communication, Marketing, or similar field.
  • 1-3 years professional experience.
  • Strong portfolio of work, both print and digital.
  • Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with many different stakeholders.
  • Must be local to the DC Metro area.

Proficiency in:

  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Adobe Illustrator
  • Adobe InDesign
  • Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
  • Exporting files for web
  • Packaging files for print production
  • WordPress, Squarespace, or similar content management system

Skills that will set you apart:

  • Experience with video and animation tools, such as Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects
  • Strong writer/researcher
  • Experience in a fast-paced, small business work environment
  • Having a great attitude

Please send your resume to info@yources.com.